Workshops and small party trips.
North Iceland Winter Photography Trip 1st - 9th December 2018
Join David Clapp and myself on an amazing winter landscape workshop, exploring the quiet northern region of Iceland.
Iceland has fast become a mecca for landscape photographers from all over the world. We are running a tour to the quieter and less photographed area of the frozen island.
This is an adventurous 4x4 style trip accessing areas that are not normally open to visitors to this volcanic island.
Based in Myvatn the trip begins in Rejkjavik with an internal flight to Akureyri. From here we pick up our off road vehicles and head east to Myvatn itself. A superb lakeside location which enables access to inspiring vistas as well as incredible waterfalls such as Godafossm Detifossm, Sellfoss and Aldeyjarfoss. Also on the hit list will be quirky locations such as the Krafla Geothermal power station and remote farmsteads, ruins of crashed aircraft and an array of coastal opportunities to tap into to.
With limited daylight the sublime constant dusk will provide what seems like hours of twilight and with an equal balance of day and night shooting the photographic opportunities will be plentiful.
It promises to be a trip that differs from the usual west coast of Iceland tourist trail.
For more details on the trip and how to book please follow the link to David Clapp's website.
David Clapp Photography ~ Northern Iceland
Dartmoor Autumn colours and landscapes October 20th and 21st 2018
Explore the UK's favourite National Park in all of it's Autumnal splendour. Deep beech and oak lined river valleys. Inspiring misty sunrises and potentially turbulent conditions to excite the senses.
Dates 20th and 21st Oct 2018. Register your interest to secure a place and more info will be confirmed.
Essentials notes for the day:
- Camera kit to suit, Mirrorless/ DSLRs and chosen lenses in your bag, as well as your tripod.
- Any filters, polarisers and graduated filters you own to aid in capture.
- All weather gear. The South West has its fair share of sunshine, but it also turns on you without warning.
- Walking boots, wellies or shoes. If a coastal or river shoot is requested sturdy wellington boots are essential.
- Battery power to see the session out. This cannot be provided be myself out on location in any form.
- Water, snacks etc just to keep you going. Food not included in cost.
- Mobile phone, multiple phones are always better than one...
- It is also important to consider insurance for your camera gear if you are an intrepid photographer.
Fitness level required will be moderate as Dartmoor is, needless to say a bit hilly.